- About Us
- For Clients
- For Sponsors
- Volunteer With Us
- Using Hamper Foods
In order to access hamper services and hamper requests, you must first register in person with the Campus Food Bank. Please see what the Campus Food Bank provides and how our service operates by reviewing our Client Program to ensure our service is the right fit for your needs. The image below explains what you can expect when you visit the Campus Food Bank:
Please come to 1-81 Students’ Union Building on the University of Alberta main campus.
During the interview, ID is required for each member of the household sharing the hamper. You will be required to provide information about your relationship to the University Community, your source(s) of income, your reason(s) for accessing the food bank, as well as your dietary needs. All information is used for statistical purposes and will not be shared. The process takes about 15 minutes and is completely confidential. Once registered, you will be assigned a CFB user number (should you need to use our service again in the future) and a food hamper will be issued immediately. Volunteers will also refer you to other services that are appropriate to your situation. As a client, we encourage you to access these referred services.
If you are dealing with a consistent lack of funding and you are a Canadian student you can access loans and bursaries through the Student Connect Office located in the Administration Building. They have information about the Access Fund (non-repayable bursary to students in financial need) or other financial support/money-management resources.
If you are an international student (ie. in Canada on a study permit), we encourage you to ask for financial aid through the International Centre (phone 780. 492.2692). There are emergency loans available for extenuating circumstances, which depend on your unique situation.
Please be aware that only individuals affiliated with the University of Alberta such as students, staff, or alumni may access our services (OneCard or Beartracks proof of registration is required). Proof of identification is required upon registration.
Registered users may request an additional food hamper up to a maximum of once every two weeks.
Making a Request
- Requests can be made in person, by calling (780) 492-8677 or by using the ‘Hamper Request’ link. When making a request, please indicate your CFB user number and your pick-up date and time. Please remember that we rely entirely donations, and that we may not be able to honour all special requests.
- Please note that we require, at minimum, 1 business day notice to fill any request. Hampers cannot be guaranteed to be ready on time if sufficient notice is not given.
- A carefully prepared hamper containing non-perishable food items will be available in our office, labeled with your client number, the number of bags and the requested pick-up date. Please make arrangements to claim your hamper during office hours.
- Picking up a hamper on the pick-up date indicated is the responsibility of the client. Any unclaimed hampers will be re-shelved after 2 business days, as this food could be going to someone else in need. Please email or call us if you are unable to pick up your hamper at the scheduled time and we will make arrangements based on your situation.
- On your hamper pick-up date and time, we will offer you perishables and toiletries (subject to availability). Please remind us of any allergies/dietary restrictions at this time if necessary, and inform us what toiletries you are in most need of.
Office Hours (Spring/Summer):
Tuesday-Friday: 12PM-4PM (excluding Stat Holidays). We are closed on Mondays during the Spring/Summer
Office Hours (Fall/Winter Semester):
Monday to Friday: 9AM to 5PM (excluding Stat Holidays)
Campus Food Bank Society
1-81 Students' Union Building
8900 114 Street
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2J7
Phone: (780) 492-8677
foodbank [at] su.ualberta.ca