- About Us
- For Clients
- For Sponsors
- Volunteer With Us
- Using Hamper Foods
We are not currently looking for volunteers, but thank you for your interest!
Recruitment at the Campus Food Bank will occur next in June, for our Summer term (June 26th- August 31st). Please read the information below to learn more about volunteering with the Campus Food Bank.
Our volunteer selection process for the Spring and Summer months consists of an Individual Interview scheduled with our Volunteer Coordinator.
Please note that our Spring/Summer hours are Tuesday-Friday 11AM-4PM.
Note: If the form will not appear for you, please make sure you are signed into your Ualberta (gmail) account in another tab. Then reload the form and it should work properly. This should work on mobile devices and computers.
If you have any additional questions about volunteering at the Campus Food Bank or the application process, contact our Assistant Executive Director, Madi Corry, at firstname.lastname@example.org
A successful volunteer applicant must be:
- Able to attend all interview and mandatory training sessions
- Able to volunteer at least 2 hours per week (shifts are in 1-hour increments) and help out with CFB fundraisers.
- Must clear a Police Information Check (paid for by the Campus Food Bank)
- Preference will be given to current students at the University of Alberta
- Dedicated, hardworking, and committed to the CFB’s mission to eliminate hunger on campus.
Volunteer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Registering clients for our service
- Preparing and issuing food hampers, perishables, and toiletries
- Repackaging bulk food for distribution to clients
- Receiving, recording, and acknowledging donations
- Inspecting, sorting, and stocking donations
- Provide general information about the CFB to clients, potential volunteers, and donors
- Educate clients about the policies and procedures of the CFB
- Be knowledgeable of services in the UAlberta and Edmonton community that may help our clientele
- Refer clients to other services as necessary
- Assist with fundraising and special events (minimum of once per semester)
- Performing data entry and other general office tasks (cleaning, organizing, filing, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by staff
Benefits of volunteering:
- Learn practical and transferable skills (e.g. customer service, teamwork, communication skills, safe food handling, etc.)
- Get involved in meaningful work that has a direct impact in the campus community
- Meet new and interesting people from a variety of backgrounds and faculties
Apply to become a leadership volunteer (Team Leader) after one semester of volunteering to gain leadership skills and engage in committee-specific work on one of our committees: Awareness, Fundraising, Internal, or Statistics and Research.
Office Hours (Spring/Summer):
Tuesday-Friday: 12PM-4PM (excluding Stat Holidays). We are closed on Mondays during the Spring/Summer
Office Hours (Fall/Winter Semester):
Monday to Friday: 9AM to 5PM (excluding Stat Holidays)
Campus Food Bank Society
1-81 Students' Union Building
8900 114 Street
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2J7
Phone: (780) 492-8677
foodbank [at] su.ualberta.ca