- About Us
- For Clients
- For Sponsors
- Volunteer With Us
- Using Hamper Foods
We are not currently recruiting volunteers. The Campus Food Bank will be accepting volunteers from August 25th until 12pm (noon) on September 5th for the Fall 2017 term. Check back here for the application form at that time!
Our volunteer selection process for the Spring and Summer months consists of an Individual Interview scheduled with our Volunteer Coordinator. During the Fall and Winter term, the process includes both a Group Interview and an Individual Interview.
Please note that our Spring/Summer hours are Tuesday-Friday 11AM-4PM. The Summer term runs from June 25th-August 31st.
Note: If the application form does not seem to be working, please make sure you are signed into your Ualberta (gmail) account in another tab. Then reload the form and it should work properly. This should work on mobile devices and computers.
If you have any additional questions about volunteering at the Campus Food Bank or the application process, contact our Assistant Executive Director, Madi Corry, at email@example.com
Please read the information below to learn more about volunteering with the Campus Food Bank.
A Successful CFB Volunteer Applicant Must :
- Attend all interview and mandatory training sessions
- Be available to volunteer at least 2 hours per week (shifts are in 1-hour increments) and help out with CFB fundraiser events.
- Obtain a Police Information Check (which they will be reimbursed for by the Campus Food Bank)
- Be dedicated, hardworking, and committed to the CFB’s mission to eliminate hunger on campus.
- Preference will be given to current students at the University of Alberta
Volunteer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Registering clients for our service
- Preparing and issuing food hampers, perishables, and toiletries
- Repackaging bulk food for distribution to clients
- Receiving, recording, and acknowledging donations
- Inspecting, sorting, and stocking donations
- Provide general information about the CFB to clients, potential volunteers, and donors
- Educate clients about the policies and procedures of the CFB
- Be knowledgeable of services in the UAlberta and Edmonton community that may help our clientele
- Refer clients to other services as necessary
- Assist with fundraising and special events (minimum of once per semester)
- Performing data entry and other general office tasks (cleaning, organizing, filing, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by staff
Benefits of volunteering:
- Learn practical and transferable skills (e.g. customer service, teamwork, communication skills, safe food handling, etc.)
- Get involved in meaningful work that has a direct impact in the campus community
- Meet new and interesting people from a variety of backgrounds and faculties
- Apply to become a leadership volunteer (Team Leader) after one semester of volunteering. This is an opportunity to gain leadership skills and engage in committee-specific tasks on our Awareness, Fundraising, Internal, or Donations Committee.
Office Hours (Spring/Summer):
Tuesday-Friday: 12PM-4PM (excluding Stat Holidays). We are closed on Mondays during the Spring/Summer
Office Hours (Fall/Winter Semester):
Monday to Friday: 9AM to 5PM (excluding Stat Holidays)
Campus Food Bank Society
1-81 Students' Union Building
8900 114 Street
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2J7
Phone: (780) 492-8677
foodbank [at] su.ualberta.ca